Thirona is a high-tech, fast growing company which focuses on the development and marketing of automated analysis tools for medical images. Since our establishment in 2014, we have developed software products focusing on the analysis of thoracic CT scans (LungQ), chest X-rays (CAD4TB), and retinal images (RetCAD). All of these products share the same web-based platform that is used internally and by end-customers. This platform, and much of our supporting infrastructure, is hosted in AWS and is actively being used by customers in more than 30 countries.
As our company is expanding rapidly, we are searching for enthusiastic and motivated Software Engineers to complement the current team in the improvement of existing software and the development of new features/products.
Daily activities and responsibilities include implementation of algorithms, development of user interfaces, performing code reviews and making sure the code used within Thirona is of high quality.
- MSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent education and 2 years work experience
- Highly skilled in Python
- Scripting skills and passion to automate software tasks
- Experience with Unix utilities, configuration and administration
- Good organizational skills; the ability to work in a collaborative environment and a desire to improve skills are essential
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with Django and web technology
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and computing, preferably AWS
- Development of new software using prescribed specifications as required
- Deployment of software worldwide
- Analysis of software code
- Evaluating and identifying new technologies for implementation
- Implementation of tests in general testing frameworks
- Maintaining standard compliance of software code
Thirona offers a competitive salary, depending on your education, knowledge and experience.
The first employment contract will be for the duration of one year. After this period, in case of proven suitability, an employment contract with indefinite duration is offered.
When applying for this position, please send your resume and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.