Thirona is a young, fast-growing AI company with headquarters based in Nijmegen, The Netherlands. We create intuitive software based on state-of-the-art deep learning technology to aid medical specialists in their daily tasks. Since our establishment in 2014, we have developed products for the analysis of thoracic CT scans (LungQ), chest X-rays (CAD4TB), and retinal images (RetCAD). Recently we added CAD4COVID, a product for detection of COVID-19 from chest X-rays and CT scans. Our products are actively used by customers in more than 70 countries in clinical practice, screening, medical research, and drug development. Thirona has strong ties with several academic institutions worldwide.
We offer a dynamic, innovative work environment in a talented and ambitious team. With colleagues from many different nationalities and a collaborative atmosphere, we promote continuous learning and sharing knowledge on a day-to-day basis.
To expand our current team of software engineers, we are searching for a motivated senior software engineer who will fulfil a key role in the development of our products, which are offered both as offline and online solutions.
Daily activities and responsibilities include implementation of algorithms, development of user interfaces, performing code reviews and making sure the code used within Thirona is of high quality.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent education and 5 years work experience
- Highly skilled in Python
- Experience with full stack development
- Good organizational skills: the ability to work in a collaborative environment and a desire to improve skills are essential
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with Django
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and computing, preferably AWS
- Development of new software using prescribed specifications as required
- Deployment strategies of software worldwide
- Analysis of software code
- Evaluating and identifying new technologies for implementation
- Implementation of tests in general testing frameworks
- Maintaining standard compliance of software code
Thirona offers a competitive salary, depending on your education, knowledge and experience.
The first employment contract will be for the duration of one year. After this period, in case of proven suitability, an employment contract with indefinite duration is offered.
It-8 is responsible for this vacancy. When applying for this position, please send your resume and a motivation letter to Eva Venhuizen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any questions about this role? You can call/app Eva at: 06 – 45 11 60 97.